Saturday, November 12, 2016

Day 12: What's Up With Your Weekend?

How's your weekend going? 
So, there is no prompt for the weekend and I have been wondering what to write since yesterday. I thought maybe I could do some freewheel writing today. Just talk about stuff happening in my life. The weekend is here and all of us are relaxed, probably, or planning to finish some errands. If you aren't sure what to do, you can find 96 ideas on what to do on a weekend in the post I wrote yesterday.

I am planning to have a relaxed weekend. I've pretty much been on a slow motion for most of the week due to health reasons. Mumbai did not have smog as bad as Delhi but there are health issues around this time of the year. The weather changing and the additional pollution that people produce through crackers despite all the social activism against it. I haven't had health issues like this since my Delhi days - where it was typical to have cold, cough and ear infection because of prolonged cold as the weather changed to winters. But since I have been living in Mumbai, my ear was spared and I reckon went back to being as good as new. But it's back to bulging ear drums and heavy antibiotics and trying to function at 50% hearing capacity! And trust me, it ain't a great feeling at all!

The worse consequence of all this has been a long break from my fitness class. I have been pretty much regular all year and had reached quite a good level with my workout routine. I was hoping to make much more progress by the end of the year than I will now. It'll take me pretty much the rest of the year to bounce back from this break. And I am not happy about it! Well! looking at it differently, what's life without a challenge! I hope to resume on Monday and give it everything I have got.

On a more positive note, I ran into this list of books I read in the last couple of years. I read 15 books in 2014 (seems like I forgot to add some books). 25 books in 2015 and this year I have already finished 40 books. This is a huge thing since I have been struggling for months to fit in decent time to read books. But I guess between all the reading on Kindle and stealing time late night for physical books, it did count for something!

So, I am going to get back to my weekend - relax a bit and run some errands! How's your blogging challenge going? In case you are stuck, watch out for my post tomorrow to help you keep up!

This post is a part of #NaBloPoMo which stands for National Blog Posting Month hosted by BlogHer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you get better soon, Suman. I was trying to keep up with my blogging. A bit overwhelming with all the editing of pictures and writing the post, but I am somehow managing. I'm lagging behind in the reading part and I hope to do justice to all my favorite blogs and readers this weekend. This is my first winter in North India and I'm already feeling the cold. And its just November! Oh dear Lord. So I will be off to buying winter clothes tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 40 books already? great Suman. Enjoy your relaxing weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Self-Help books: How Much So They Help The Self?

 I just finished reading The ONE Thing - a book that tells you how focussing on that one critical thing - on thing at a time - you can achie...