Tuesday, November 10, 2015

#NaBloPoMo Day 10 - What is the hardest part of a project?

NaBloPoMo November 2015


The prompt for today is - what is the hardest part of a project - To muster the energy to begin it, to find time to continue or the emptiness after the project is over? As someone who set up her professional blog last year, I will say that the energy and motivation to get started is the hardest for me. It's not for nothing that they say  - Well begun is half done. At every stage of setting up and making changes in my blog and social media strategy, it was the hardest to get started. There were times when I knew I was outright avoiding tackling the main questions and was beating about the bush instead.

Even with the blogging challenge, I knew about such blogathons last year, but the thought of having to write a post every single day seemed so arduous that I did not want to commit. I let 2 blogging challenges pass by my notice. But this year I thought it would be a good idea to kick myself out of my complacence and dive right in. And true enough, I have enjoyed writing everyday. I have ideas brimming over more than ever. I look forward to picking one of the ideas from my basket and get writing for the day!

Though, I will also say that it is important to sustain your plan too. There are people who begin a lot of things but lose steam and not complete tasks. So, it is equally important to stay true to your plans, modify them if needed but hit the target you set out to achieve.

Which is the hardest part for you? Are you an eager beginner who loses steam? Or do you go all out and get tasks done only to feel drained at the end of it till you find the next best thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Help books: How Much So They Help The Self?

 I just finished reading The ONE Thing - a book that tells you how focussing on that one critical thing - on thing at a time - you can achie...